The LIME Foundation Commitment to DEI
The LIME Foundation (LIME) is dedicated to providing equity for all members, program educators, students and staff of the Foundation. LIME is committed to diversity where people of all genders, gender identification, age, religion, culture, race and socioeconomic levels are invited and included to be a part of the LIME Foundation’s programs, activities and governance. Inclusion is evident in the active invitation and engagement of contribution and participation of diverse people.
The LIME Foundation provides a level playing field for a diverse body of students, instructors and educators, where all are encouraged to participate and engage peacefully.
Diversity is the full range of ways a person can identify. Diversity in the workplace is the concept of and practice in having our organization reflect the communities we serve. Diversity has many facets including race, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, age, religious affiliation, and sexual orientation. Diversity also includes people with differing educational backgrounds, personality types, cultural references, experiences, or physical abilities.
Inclusion is when every single person in the community is valued, heard, respected, empowered, and feels a true sense of belonging in our organization. It goes beyond tolerance to actually celebrating and elevating every person in the room; it is the practice of inviting, requesting and engaging our diverse foundation into participating in our programs and initiatives.
The LIME Foundation believes:
- A diverse student body and workforce drive economic growth.
- Recruiting from a diverse pool of candidates means a more qualified workforce.
- Diversity fosters a more creative, collaborative and innovative workforce.
- Diversity is a key aspect of entrepreneurialism with strong entrepreneurs.
- Diversity in business ownership, particularly among BIPOC, is key to moving our economy forward.
- Diversity in the workplace is necessary to create a competitive economy in a globalized world.
- Diversity in the boardroom and among the Board is needed to enhance and leverage the LIME Foundation’s full potential.
The LIME Foundation Statement of Solidarity for Survivors of Violence and Assault
The LIME Foundation, its directors, staff, students and instructors stand in solidarity with survivors of all forms of violence and assault, including sexual assault.
There is never a reason for bullying or violence in the form of emotional, physical or sexual assault in any circumstance.
The LIME Foundation supports survivors through its commitment to and practice of peaceful, safe and inclusive communications and actions.
All involved in The LIME Foundation are held to the utmost standard of behavior and background and standards of conduct and engagement.